The 3rd Global Conference on World’s Religions after September 11
The 3rd Global Conference on World’s Religions after September 11: From Faith to Interfaith
is taking place on September 15, 2016, at Palais des Congrès de Montréal
This momentous event aims to remind mankind of the positive and uniting power of religion by bringing together spiritual thought leaders from around the world. The distinguished speakers will discuss critical issues of faith in today's world and announce a Universal Declaration of Human Rights by the World's Religions.
Among the confirmed speakers are:
- Karen Armstrong (British author and commentator known for her books on comparative religion)
- Gregory Baum (Emeritus Professor, McGill University, Montreal)
- Deepak Chopra (expert in the field of mind-body healing, a world-renowned speaker and author)
- Harvey Cox (Hollis Research Professor of Divinity at Harvard University)
- Phil Fontaine (Special Advisor of the Royal Bank of Canada)
- Susannah Heschel (Professor of Jewish Studies at Dartmouth College)
- Dr. Amir Hussain (Professor of Theological Studies at Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles)
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (humanitarian leader and spiritual teacher)
- Charles Taylor (Canadian thinker with writings that cover artificial intelligence, language, social behaviour, morality and multiculturalism)
For more information please visit the event website: Worlds Religions 2016
The Canadian Centre for Ecumenism is very proud to be one of the partners for this momentous event.